Feedback and Ideas

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Feedback and Ideas

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Due to daylight I would like to make my availability different in different periods of the year and set this up well in advance so that it's not overlooked or side stepped by students booking a long way in advance, i.e.
    from November 10:00-16:00
    from 20th Feb 09:00-17:00
    from 27th Mar 09:00-19:00
    from 24th Apr 08:00-20:00
    There is too much fiddling with time on/off to achieve this at the moment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like to be able to 'group aircraft' or group aircraft and instructors if possible. We have multiple locations and it would be nice for customers to know which airplane is at which location at all times without having to filter. We also have locations that are for aircraft that are not on our public scheduling calendar, so it would be good to have that in a separate group too. This type of grouping is NOT by aircraft type. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When setting up lessons with custom grading scales it would be great if you could link the Header to the tasks under the header then edit the header to be able to set a default grade scale and passing grade for those tasks under the header. Example, we use a 0-5 grade scale and then have headers of "Lesson Introduction" and "Lesson Review". Each task under "Lesson Introduction" requires a grade of "1" or higher to pass and "Lesson Review" requires a "2" or higher to pass. Currently I have to go through each task and set that up but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Design an option for (private) post-flight comments, and allow us to view on one page. My CFI puts comments after each flight which I like to review later, but it's hard to find them sometimes. It would be helpful scan notes and see my progression in one glance all on one page. Ideally, I'd love to export.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have a way to flag profiles (renters) for Staff. When I open a profile or reservation and I need another staff member to see something or be aware of problem renter or update some document. It should only show up when accessed by staff. Like the internal notes but bring attention to them. Maybe a have a check box that would pop up a message to "See internal notes".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the current system, we can only select one option for how soon a reminder is sent out prior a lesson's commencement. We'd like the option to add additional reminder slots to account for 24hr, 12hr, 6hr, and 3hr reminders for the same reservation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The greyed out blocks are fine, but it would be nice, especially for non-regular time off (say a doctor or dentist visit, concert, etc) to be able to add a note to say what it is. I regularly override my time off if a student can only meet at xx time. Mostly, I know why I blocked it, but sometimes I don't. If we could add a note or title, it would be immediately clear that that particular time off is open for overwriting or it isn't.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When you receive a payment against an invoice, a new invoice number is produced by the system, which creates a double up (2 invoice numbers per transaction), and clogs the billing reports with unnecessary invoice numbers. Why not just put the payment flag against the original invoice once its paid? If you feel the need to produce more paperwork, when the second "invoice" is created, can the system use the original invoice number and label the document a receipt so its easy to distinguish when looking at the billing reports.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When scheduling a lesson, add a button to “view previous lesson” so I can quickly review the last lesson with the student instead of having to leave the scheduling screen and go find the last lesson.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow more than one file be uploaded to a Document to show
    ex: front and back of a cert
    ex: previous rental agreements, etc. to keep a record of past document and the current one in a single location

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a reservation is cancelled, I would like the ability to still see the notes. Sometimes an instructor may cancel a meet/greet, but we need the phone number on the notes to call the person and reschedule them.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With a number of casual instructors, a report showing Work Schedule Start and Work Schedule finish times for a specific date range (past or future) would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A few comments have requested write-access to the FSP API, so this Idea joins those all together.

Currently we only support read-only. We will update this Idea if this changes. Thank you!

https://developer.flightschedulepro.com

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a feature to "copy" lessons when creating courses in training hub. Just like we can copy courses. We have "review" lessons that would save lots of time if I could copy or duplicate a lesson already created in a course.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cancellation reason could be a two-step process. MX, IP, SP, WX Scheduling Only and Other, and a dropdown below those options for the specific reason. For a flight school, we rely on the cancellation reports from FSP to be correct. More than once I have been moving too fast and clicked and submitted “SP-SP Sick” instead of “WX-Ceiling”. Unfortunately, there is not an Undo. It skews the cancellation reports and challenges my memory to recall who it happened to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This would allow better flight planning and maintenance scheduling so that we could choose "All active Statuses" or "Warning & Expired" etc. and have it remain set that way for user preference. As it is, it resets to Warning & Expired ever time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Transport Canada requires a solo student have a briefing by an instructor. We need the ability to define a briefing instructor, who may also be booked on a flight. FSP does not allow an instructor to be double booked, or create a small time block for a briefing. The primary instructor may assign the briefing to another instructor who is in when the solo flight is scheduled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when choosing 7 days horizontal, I am not interested to see the closing hours so they can be filtered out. therefore the schedule can be more readable. So a filter for choosing hours would be very beneficial.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make an IFR flag much like the mx reminder and aircraft down flags to notify users when booking or checking out the plane if the plane is not airworthy for IFR or VFR, day or night. We often have people booking planes where it is unclear from the most recent squawks that something for needed for IFR flight or night VFR flight is inop.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?