Feedback and Ideas

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Feedback and Ideas

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Currently only Admins/Maintenance personnel have the ability to enable Email notifications for when an Aircraft Squawk is created. Would be nice if the general user community could also get Email notifications (if they choose), maybe even for selective aircraft when squawks are created. Maybe even an option to "follow" certain squawks, such that I would get email updates on certain issues when the status changes. Since I may not want to fly an aircraft until a certain issue is addressed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would help customers know ahead of time what the panel looks like and whether they are familiar or not, and if not questions to ask their instructor.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am away from our facility and the schedule line is set onto my computer's time. That would be great to be able to configure FSP to sync only onto the facility's timezone so users can see how operations are going over there without having to convert time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a "My Lessons" section that will show what lessons I have completed and logged/have not logged in the app. Create an alert/notification when an event is completed but not logged.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dual total time
    Solo total time
    Dual + Solo Total time

Also filters would be nice (past 3 months, from first flight, past year)

Allow students keep track of their records and match it with the physical logbooks and it helps with student personal financing. Could charge a fee for students or make it free (lol most flight schools might not be interested to pay for that)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow trusted devices to remember usernames and passwords so that they don’t need to be entered every time you leave the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need certain info from comments or internal comments to show up in Google Calendar "Add Description" section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. to verify if funds are available, once checkout has been selected, make credit card pre-auth a requirement for the flight. The difference can be adjusted at end of flight and only one charge would be posted to customers bank account.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. One a student has flow several training flights there is data to establish what they "normally" fly. So a student pilot has flown the C172N four times and the C172M once, three lessons with CFI Bob and one with CFI Karen. They have booked reservations on weekday afternoons and Saturdays. That student probably wants to know anytime a C172M or N model is available for 2 or 3 hours and Bob or Karen are also available. They probably don't care about flying with 310 with the chief flight instructor.

Until patterns are established, default priorities or custom set priorities could…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. At present, instructors are shown in a fixed order. I have availability to fly today but my column is off to the far right. Clients checking the schedule will see 5-6 instructors with totally grey availability and NOT see my availability unless they scroll over. Many will never think to scroll over and they will close out FSP thinking there are no CFIs available. CFIs with no availability should be auto-sorted to the far right as a default, unless the flight school specifies otherwise.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Request the ability to make a custom meter name such as maintenance meter or Mx Meter. We currently use air time for this function, but the name air time can be misleading for our operation.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The FSP app "preflight" function should include aircraft maintenance status so that a printed "dispatch sheet" is not required. When the student/pilot pre-flight's the flight in FSP he/she should be able to see any open squawks/defects as well as MX reminders (required inspections).

Additionally, we need a "limitations" section with aircraft squawks. The ability to allow a deferred MX item (open squawk - ok to dispatch) to show any applicable limitations. For example, pitot heat inop may be allowed to be dispatched as an open defect however a limitation of "VFR flight only" would be appropriate. This needs to be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display of the Weekly Schedule in Vertical orientation would be very helpful. I use Day Vertical, but have to scroll through each day, which is less than ideal.

I'm rather surprised there are multiple 'Horizontal' options, in which most of the information is not even visible without horizontal scrolling, but there is no option for displaying the entire week on a single display.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding folders to the Training Hub when creating courses would be helpful for schools with different training pathways, for example: Cirrus, Academy, General Training, Instructor Check Out Course. Each folder would house the courses for the certs./ratings for that pathway. For example, Academy (folder)-> PPL, IFR, CSEL, CMEL, CFI, CFII (courses inside folder).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The list of airports at our flight school has grown annoyingly long. It takes an excessive amount of scrolling to find the airport that nearly every flight begins and ends. Sometimes when selecting that airport if you touch off by one line once you go back in you have to select one more line above in order for it to get the correct airport. This seems like a bug. If I touch for KSRQ it will select KSSI I have to go back in and select the airport one above KSRQ. This would all be a lot easier if it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For those aircraft with missing or incomplete maintenance records, the total time and/or time since major overhaul cannot always be accurately determined for the aircraft or its components. It would be helpful to either allow for "Unknown" to be accepted as an entry as the time, or list it as an optional checkbox. Another alternative would be to offer an "Estimate" or "Approximate" option. Any of these will help in the maintenance times being reported more truthfully.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am a part time instructor with ad-hoc schedule, so I don't set any shifts, I use work schedule feature to add time on, it would be easier if the pull down defaulted to Time On instead of Time Off if user doesn't have any shifts selected, or possibly to make it smarter, when user selects data/time if it falls on a shift, default should be Time Off and if it falls off shift that it should default to Time On

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In custom reports a "Previous Two Weeks" or "Last 14 Days" would be nice to have. Also, I haven't found a way to do a custom date range.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Propay haven't been the best payment option ( higher fees & longer transfer times )
    Would like to have square as a payment option

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here