Pilot Community

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

1. Please add a link to customer information on appointments

Please add a link to customer information on appointments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Flight Schedule Pro
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 26 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhance iPhone app for instructors

As an instructor it would be nice if I could make students bookings with the app instead of having the use the website.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print Student Record,

Print Student Records like endorsements, documents, insurance etc. attach PDFs of scanned documents to the student's profile and print them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a way for an instructor to give lesson feedback to a student.

It would be good if after a lesson is complete, an instructor can post feedback/recommendations to the student. A log of each of these post-flight debriefings could be seen by all instructors.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add check out/check in functionality to the iPhone App.

This would be a great feature – inputting hobbs/tach directly into the app from in the a/c after a flight, and being able to see and verify the initial hobbs/tach.

Right now, I write this down in a separate notes program, then input my data when I get back inside at a computer. :(

52 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. landscape view for ipad..

add landscape view/rotation on ipad.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create an iPad app

Older pilots like the larger display of a tablet and also use it for aviation apps like AOPA's FlyQ and Foreflight.

172 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Instructor and Pilot profiles to the schedule.

The Aircraft have a profile to browse. But the Pilots don't.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. iPad mobile compatible

New version of fop needs to have an option to swipe side ways through a schedule on an iPad/mobile as keeps trying to move bookings in error

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to allow a choice as to which view to open by default.

I'd like to have the option of my schedule opening to horizontal by default. On my phone in particular this is my preferred view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Group Bookings

Would like to be able to do bookings where I can add more than one student to an appointment or briefing etc. Students that I pick that could belong to different classes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Type of instruction symbol/icon

I think it would be helpful if there was a way that a flight school could mark a student's reservation with a symbol representing what kind of instruction the student is doing.

For example, perhaps a letter in the corner corresponding to the following:
    B - BFR
    P - Private
    S - Sport Pilot
    I - Instrument
    C - Commercial
    M - Multi-engine

and so on. That way, instructors could look at a glance and see what training they are doing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show info window when mouse hovers over reservation on V4

A useful feature of v3 has been the info box that appears when the mouse hovers over a reservation, providing all the important details of the reservation that may be of interest to other pilots. It needs to stay in v4. In particular, what especially needs to be viewable by anyone is the "also reserved" section that tells you what instructor is training in what plane.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If there is going to be a "key", make sure it includes all available colors.

If there is going to be a "key", make sure it includes all available colors. Green and yellow show up and I have no idea what they mean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show instructors as busy when they have a plane booked

Would you please show me as busy when I have an airplane booked. At present my students have constant problems discovering the hard way that I'm busy. FSPro shows me busy, but theirs does not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow student dispatch without aircraft checkout if with instructor

When students are checking out an aircraft with an instructor, an error message pops up that they do not have an aircraft checkout and won't let them dispatch. Students should still be allowed to check out the aircraft unless they are going solo.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement new Transport Canada 1 year medical validity age 40 and over.

TC changed the category 1 medical validity rules. Now category 1 medical can be valid for 12 months provided no passengers are carried or the aircraft requires 2 crew.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Require a MX description before allowing a plane to be down.

Even with click-thru, if a plane is down but no description or cause has been given, I am unable to confirm the status of my plane. Knowing why a plane is down can influence future planning but sometimes the user needs to be conditioned to enter a reason. Communication is essential.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My upcoming reservations needs to show the plane and who has the plane

Under "My Upcoming Reservations" for V4 please bring back what plane and what customer.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Available in v4 (now available)  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Pilot Community

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base