I Suggest You...

Sync appointments with my Personal Calendar (iPhone / iPad / Google calendar / Outlook / etc.)

Allow me to Sync my appointments with iCal.

When you make a reservation or delete a reservation it should link up with you calendar on the iPhone/iPad.

495 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKay Wegner (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminJasen Barnes (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) responded  · 

We’ve been looking into this further. It’s a feature we would love to add and I believe we will. Ideally if an appointment was created or edited in Flight Schedule Pro, your personal calendar would immediately be updated.

However, there’s a real down side to us syncing with personal calendars. It’s the fact that they new appointments won’t show up immediately and when appointments are rescheduled in Flight Schedule Pro the update won’t be seen for many hours in your personal calendar.

For example, if you use Google Calendar, it could take 8 hours or more for an appointment rescheduled in Flight Schedule Pro to show the correct start-time in Google Calendar.

Google knows about this issue, but it’s not something they plan on fixing.

I just wanted to share this information with you and see if you still love this full sync feature.

Would you mind commenting and letting us know your thoughts at the link below?

http://feedback.flightschedulepro.com/forums/230171-pilot-community/suggestions/4925392-sync-appointments-with-my-personal-calendar-iphon

72 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bradford Ryll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mr. Barnes,

It would be incredibly useful to add an "additional calendar" in Google Calendar that shows my obligations as an instructor. The intended use would be to stay aware of lesson end times so that I can ensure I'm ready for my next student, or so that I can choose to extend a lesson if there's time available.

Brad

• Andy Zhou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m an IT guy. I suggest a simple way to start. Can you just add an calendar invite item to the email sent by the when an appointment created or modified?

• Michael Larch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea that's a problem. Not gonna be able to use FSP. Need Google calendar entries transferred and update FSP instantly as i make changes

• DOUG FATE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please get this done! My life revolves around my fsp calendar and my Google calendar. Syncing even with a delay would make my life considerably less complicated. Do we need to start a donation fund? What's it take to get this done?

• Cameron Spence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind 8 hours delay - that's better than having to maintain my personal diary independently of FSP. Ideally publish an iCal feed so that we can then link it into any device or client, e.g. iOS diaries, Outlook, Google etc.

• Cedric HODES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to send an ICS file with the confirmation e-mail.
    It will allow sync from FSP to iphone calendar.
    Not that much complicated, but could save lot of time for the users!

• Zachary Ramsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's hard to believe this hasn't yet been implemented. If, internally, there are no plans to do this, the least FSP could do is open source the code and allow pull requests for (very basic, to say the least!) improvements.

• Chris Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have some expertise in this space but more importantly, I use many web-based scheduling solutions for various reasons like kids soccer where games/fields change all the time.

The "show stopper" sync delay you mention I don't see as a major blocker. Yes in an ideal world everything would be in-sycn. And yes there is a delay and much of it depends on how the persons mobile device is configured which you have no control over. But the benefit to us users, even during the edge case of change, is much greater than the downside.

They way that most everyone in the industry works around the delay issue is to send an email and/or an SMS when there is a change. This has a some benefits. First most folks look at their calendar a couple of times a day. So even if the event was changed they may or may not notice. It also takes care of the cache latency issue. This lets the user know they should refresh their calendar if it does not match the calendar app or go look at the record on the website.

My $.02
    Chris Wilson
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/yepher/

• Rob Linford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I don't want the system synchronizing with my calendar directly but I would really like it to at least include an iCal file with the appointment email so I can decide if it's something I want to add to my calendar myself. It's a little weird that this is not already a feature, I see you can look at appointments on the website (not the app) and ask for an iCal file. It's just a pain to get an email then manually enter an appointment when I know attaching an iCal file would be a simple thing for the system to do. Our last scheduling program did this and it worked well.

• Thomas Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is frustrating to see that something so important and that was requested 4 years ago is still not implemented and instead, the development team uses phony excuses and empty promises.

Perhaps instead of implementing it on your own, the Flight Schedule team should simply support www.zapier.com. I use that successfully to synchronize my multiple Google calendars.

• James Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Which approach were you planning on using that has a <8 hour delay? I'm sure there are alternatives which would be almost immediate. E.g., API access.

For the record, I'm not thinking (or wanting) a simple "view this calendar in google calendar (ical) link". That doesn't solve trying to merge multiple calendars (personal, other FBOs, etc).

• Adam Liston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it happen! dont care if it is delayed. most updates are not done the same day anyway

• Leo Mark Ortiz Ramirez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I need to set up an account in iCal so my FSP is synchronized with all my other appointments. I can select the times iCal will synchronize with the server but I don;t have the information of FSP server so iCal can log in.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base