I Suggest You...

Sync appointments with my Personal Calendar (iPhone / iPad / Google calendar / Outlook / etc.)

Allow me to Sync my appointments with iCal.

When you make a reservation or delete a reservation it should link up with you calendar on the iPhone/iPad.

579 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKay Wegner (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminJasen Barnes (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) responded  · 

We’ve been looking into this further. It’s a feature we would love to add and I believe we will. Ideally if an appointment was created or edited in Flight Schedule Pro, your personal calendar would immediately be updated.

However, there’s a real down side to us syncing with personal calendars. It’s the fact that they new appointments won’t show up immediately and when appointments are rescheduled in Flight Schedule Pro the update won’t be seen for many hours in your personal calendar.

For example, if you use Google Calendar, it could take 8 hours or more for an appointment rescheduled in Flight Schedule Pro to show the correct start-time in Google Calendar.

Google knows about this issue, but it’s not something they plan on fixing.

I just wanted to share this information with you and see if you still love this full sync feature.

Would you mind commenting and letting us know your thoughts at the link below?

http://feedback.flightschedulepro.com/forums/230171-pilot-community/suggestions/4925392-sync-appointments-with-my-personal-calendar-iphon

94 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob Speight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Schedule Master has a sync feature using a push and I always found it worked pretty well. Yes, sometimes there is a lag but it's better than not syncing at all.

• Michael Korklan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for considering this feature! I think the ability to sync flight schedules to the top 3 or four personal calendars out there with little or no time delay would be great! maybe that's too big/expensive a project for the development budgets of you guys and other schedule programs but it sure would be nice not to have to hand enter into my personal calendar the 20 appts I just enetered into the flight scheduler. Keep up the good work.

• Bruce Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My flight school changed to MyFbo.com and they’re able to provide calendar appointments in the emailed reservations. Same thing for every change or deleted reservation. Just click and Apple calendar displays the reservation. I can’t provide examples if that helps

• Eric Blatner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just saying, I've used other scheduling systems that sync to google calendar and everything worked perfectly. The calendar updates within minutes.

• Roger Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like Bradford Ryll's version of this. Let us subscribe to a resource like how google supports calendar sharing.

• Ross Muhlenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At a minimum we should be receiving an email that allows us to post individual reservations to our google/apple calendar (especially since you are already sending a confirmation email). It's really frustrating when I think I have something at a certain time, but then find out that I transcribed something incorrectly due to human error. I know this is my fault, but its bound to happen when I sit down to schedule 10 or more sessions in a row. Frankly, lack of this functionality causes me to schedule less frequently which in turn causes my flight school (your customer) to receive less revenue and be less likely to continue using your service. Local flight schools in my area have home-built this functionality on their own websites and it is quite effective. If I have to update a reservation, it just sends me a new email request which I post to my calendar, then I simply delete the old reservation directly from my personal calendar.

• John Reis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this feature? I wouldn't care if it takes a full 24 hours to show up, it saves me having to enter the information myself and when scheduling months worth of items it's a lot of double entry.

• Dale Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't really care that it takes 8 hours to sync, so long as I don't have to manually keep my calendar up to date.

Also worth noting that an ICS link or other open calendar feed format is a must for me. Android seems very neglected here and if this ends up being an apple only feature it is useless to me.

• Alex Loegering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bouncing between multiple flight schools and scheduling programs, I'd love to be able to sync them to my personal calendar, so that I don't have to spend time checking each individual calendar every time I want to try and schedule something.

+1 for calendar sync.

• WILLIAM FENCE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No offense, but how do you not have the option to link your reservation to your google calendar by now? It's an extra step to log the reservation manually, and by gosh it is 2018! Please get with the times and handle this. Thank you!

• david reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes for the sync feature to mobile devices. Its simply double the work to enter it on FSP and then to the mobile device. I use the calendar everyday.... so any features for synchronization of the calendar speeds of my day and decreases the chance for human error.

• Ian Shere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of sad that this idea was floated over 4 years ago and still no way to sync or attach ics files to schedule emails. I have no idea what is involved with programming this, but it has 500+ votes.

Please, this is basic functionality for a calendar based system one which, by your own admission "you'd love to add".

• JOEL SMITH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your developers can get access to the ICrew Max 3rd party app for Delta crew members, that is a good model of functionality.

One button syncs all currently-scheduled events from the company website to one's personal calendar, along with a disclaimer the user must agree to: that they understand the offline data may become outdated at any time, and they are responsible for checking the actual flights scheduled on Delta's system. Since you can get everything updated with one click, it's not much of an issue.

• JOEL SMITH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really surprised this isn't already a function for a scheduling app.

Yes, please, I'd like to easily sync my schedule with my Google calendar.

• Rory Condon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is very much worthwhile. Would need a prominent note in the calendar item (even in the title) to remind about the sync delays and ask the user to monitor their emails for updates, especially close to the scheduled time.

• Cole Ettingoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if it didn't happen automatically it would be great to be able to easily export flights to iCal. For example I scheduled five flights today and had to enter them all by hand into my calendar. I'm sure we've all seen other software where this sort of feature exists.

• Cameron Spence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use FSP all the time, as does my wife, and we both have to manually enter our flights in Google calendar as well. This would be incredibly useful to us both, even with potential delays in Google refresh. Bear in mind that you can force a manual refresh, so you don't necessarily have to wait for the automatic refresh to kick in. So this feature definitely gets my vote!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base