I Suggest You...

Sync appointments with my Personal Calendar (iPhone / iPad / Google calendar / Outlook / etc.)

Allow me to Sync my appointments with iCal.

When you make a reservation or delete a reservation it should link up with you calendar on the iPhone/iPad.

575 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kay Wegner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

102 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WILLIAM FENCE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No offense, but how do you not have the option to link your reservation to your google calendar by now? It's an extra step to log the reservation manually, and by gosh it is 2018! Please get with the times and handle this. Thank you!

• david reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes for the sync feature to mobile devices. Its simply double the work to enter it on FSP and then to the mobile device. I use the calendar everyday.... so any features for synchronization of the calendar speeds of my day and decreases the chance for human error.

• Ian Shere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's kind of sad that this idea was floated over 4 years ago and still no way to sync or attach ics files to schedule emails. I have no idea what is involved with programming this, but it has 500+ votes.

Please, this is basic functionality for a calendar based system one which, by your own admission "you'd love to add".

• JOEL SMITH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your developers can get access to the ICrew Max 3rd party app for Delta crew members, that is a good model of functionality.

One button syncs all currently-scheduled events from the company website to one's personal calendar, along with a disclaimer the user must agree to: that they understand the offline data may become outdated at any time, and they are responsible for checking the actual flights scheduled on Delta's system. Since you can get everything updated with one click, it's not much of an issue.

• JOEL SMITH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really surprised this isn't already a function for a scheduling app.

Yes, please, I'd like to easily sync my schedule with my Google calendar.

• Rory Condon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is very much worthwhile. Would need a prominent note in the calendar item (even in the title) to remind about the sync delays and ask the user to monitor their emails for updates, especially close to the scheduled time.

• Cole Ettingoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if it didn't happen automatically it would be great to be able to easily export flights to iCal. For example I scheduled five flights today and had to enter them all by hand into my calendar. I'm sure we've all seen other software where this sort of feature exists.

• Cameron Spence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use FSP all the time, as does my wife, and we both have to manually enter our flights in Google calendar as well. This would be incredibly useful to us both, even with potential delays in Google refresh. Bear in mind that you can force a manual refresh, so you don't necessarily have to wait for the automatic refresh to kick in. So this feature definitely gets my vote!

• Jesse Sharpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature despite the delay in showing up. It’s a lot of time and work to manually update my calendars.

• Bradford Ryll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mr. Barnes,

It would be incredibly useful to add an "additional calendar" in Google Calendar that shows my obligations as an instructor. The intended use would be to stay aware of lesson end times so that I can ensure I'm ready for my next student, or so that I can choose to extend a lesson if there's time available.

Brad

• Andy Zhou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m an IT guy. I suggest a simple way to start. Can you just add an calendar invite item to the email sent by the when an appointment created or modified?

• Michael Larch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea that's a problem. Not gonna be able to use FSP. Need Google calendar entries transferred and update FSP instantly as i make changes

• DOUG FATE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please get this done! My life revolves around my fsp calendar and my Google calendar. Syncing even with a delay would make my life considerably less complicated. Do we need to start a donation fund? What's it take to get this done?

• Cameron Spence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind 8 hours delay - that's better than having to maintain my personal diary independently of FSP. Ideally publish an iCal feed so that we can then link it into any device or client, e.g. iOS diaries, Outlook, Google etc.

• Cedric HODES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to send an ICS file with the confirmation e-mail.
    It will allow sync from FSP to iphone calendar.
    Not that much complicated, but could save lot of time for the users!

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Feedback and Knowledge Base