I Suggest You...

Sync appointments with my Personal Calendar (iPhone / iPad / Google calendar / Outlook / etc.)

Allow me to Sync my appointments with iCal.

When you make a reservation or delete a reservation it should link up with you calendar on the iPhone/iPad.

575 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kay Wegner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

102 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Reception V2 Helicopters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah; I have only met a handful of pilots who do not own an Apple Device. They are Breitlings of the electronic world and iCal would be more than sufficient

• Andrew McGrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The response that this would take up to 8 hours is pretty crazy. iCal would be more than enough for 99% of the people here, can we at least have that option please?

• Cameron Jowett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my instructor creates a reservation, It does not show up in the "my schedule" part of the app on iPhone....Its really frustrating. How can i fix this?

• Douglas Lovell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an iCal subscription feed would be fine. in the iPhone app, you can do better. get calendar access and place the stuff there yourself.

• Joshua Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jasen,
    The calendar is updated with my changed reservation. I hadn't checked since I changed it as I honestly figured it would take longer.

Just changed a reservation, I will let you know time to update. I'm using calendar on iOS 9.1.

I have been using my RSS to iCal translator app that I wrote since I posted about it in February. It works great, has caused me no confusion with multiple daily appointments, and I wish I didn't need to host the script.

• AdminJasen Barnes (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with providing you an iCal link is that the personal calendar (specifically Google Calendar) is rarely updated if there are changes to appointments in Flight Schedule Pro. We believe this will result in a lot of confusion around when appointments begin. This is a well documented problem we've identified with using a simple iCal feed. We're still exploring ways we can achieve personal calendar sync reliably.

• Jim Loebach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just make it an ical link.... I have multiple calendars I use this way and it works great.... across multiple platforms.

• Scott Glaser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't only a nice to have, it is essential in the modern world. I don't do anything that is not on my phone calendar. Currently our scheduler has to fill in both FSP and iCal. Looking forward to the capability.

• Kevin McKeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding links as Jasen Barnes suggested to the reservation emails would be great along with an overall calendar sync (don't really care about delay as we can update urgent app with email.)

• AdminJasen Barnes (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing you to add individual appointments to your calendar manually is very straightforward and will work flawlessly. If there were changes to an appointment you could just click to re-add the appointment to your calendar and remove the old one. We can also include links to do this from reservation emails.

But this is not the full sync feature we are conversing about here - which has a huge downside (major delays in updating your personal calendar with new appointments or appointment changes). As a scheduling provider, the last thing we want to do is cause confusion around when appointments begin.

• Lisa Pierson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use Google's calendar. I use Apples iCal. Is this issue the same with iCal? Maybe you could make the emails easier to dump an appointment into iCal with a single click. I have received emails with an "add to iCal" button in them.

• John Kha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still think it would be useful, especially if it is implemented in a standard format. If I can access the data from *your* site immediately after an update, than that is what I care about most.

• Matthew Cichosz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still would be a great feature to have even with issues involving immediate updating with Google.

• Patrick Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please upgrade the status of this project from planned to started.
    Do to unusual economics, it's better for me to live 1.5 hrs from my home base airport. My students know this, but sometimes they don't add it into their consideration when scheduling me. So, unless I'm constantly glued to my iPad like a child that is attached to its favorite toy, it's difficult to catch a scheduled flight on slow days (particularly in the morning) until it's too late for me to be there on time. Texting/calling/advanced-notice, you ask? Again with the occasional consideration lapse above.
    Happens just often enough to be a pain to deal with. Considering blocking-out my schedule except for me only. Please prioritize this higher, or at least provide instructions on how to convert the RSS feed for use this way.

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Feedback and Knowledge Base