I Suggest You...

Sync appointments with my Personal Calendar (iPhone / iPad / Google calendar / Outlook / etc.)

Allow me to Sync my appointments with iCal.

When you make a reservation or delete a reservation it should link up with you calendar on the iPhone/iPad.

575 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKay Wegner (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

102 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Natalie Codd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to be able to subscribe to it so that we can see it on our calendars is perfect. No need to have to convert it into any specific format if your calendar allows subscriptions like iCal or iPhone calendar.

• michael grana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be great so I can have all my appointments both flying and other appointments in one place. Much needed instead of having to check the app and then add to my iPhone calendar.

• Joshua Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clone the repo below on a server and configure the variables at the top of the rss-iCal.php to get going. You can then subscribe on the iphone/pad/gcalendar/etc to: yourserver.com/calendar.ics. You'll need to make sure url rewriting works because I found that google calendar does not like the .php extension.

https://bitbucket.org/jdgill/rss-ical

• Joshua Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wrote a simple php file to parse the XML rss feed and output a .ical that can be subscribed to on the iphone. Send me a message if you have a server somewhere and would like the code to do it yourself. Or send me your rss link and I'll setup a feed for you.

• Chris Ahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Sync with iCal would be tremendously helpful. Having to use two calendars becomes tedious and has led me to confuse appointments a few times already.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Sync to iCal is one of the most needed features and should be very easy to add in now since just a minor tweak of the current export type format would at least be able to make a one at a time add. Also it is key that the format of the exports can be somewhat customized. Right now a generic event scheduled means I need to read all the notes to see who the flight is scheduled with ( looking at it from an instructor standpoint)

• Giancarlo Lembo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add to that.... I think that the ical feature is needed in a big way... may not be able to edit the flights , but at least the flights will show up with my personal calendar, eliminating any personal/business conflicts

the ability to be able to see it all in the same location is in HUGE demand, as flights are edited, they will automatically change on my ical..

• Kriengkrai Bedell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you guys send an ical or ics file within the FlightSchedulePro confirmation email that we can import into whatever calendar we like?

• Scott Palmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iCal or something that can be sync'd from an iphone/google calendar would be fantastic. It would provide that 'at a glance' view that we shouldn't need to login to be able to see.

• AdminKay Wegner (Team FSP, Flight Schedule Pro) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the feedback we are evaluating this request. If we synced with the major web calenders and iCal would it solve this for you? Google Calendar, Apple Calendar / (iPhone / iPad calendar), Outlook Calendar, Yahoo Calendar

• Vess Velikov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like there's a parallel item running with less votes -- but I'll add a hearty "YES, PLEASE!" Being able to see my next few weeks' life all in one screen would be fantastic, and I'm sure other CFI's agree.

Feedback and Knowledge Base