I Suggest You...

Add Instructor and Pilot profiles to the schedule.

The Aircraft have a profile to browse. But the Pilots don't.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Erin Shaughnessy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Travis Tharp-MP/AP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I see what is meant, for instructors at least. At most flight schools with a variety of aircraft, not all instructors are approved to teach in all aircraft and/or may not be on the Part 141 approved list. So a student looking to book an instructor would be able to see immediately which ones were suitable for the type of training they want to receive.

How you code it is another matter. It would be nice to have a structured-data option so instructors could be linked to the A/C that are also objects in the FSP account, and which would enable a simple data validation check to prevent reservation mismatch between instructor, student, and/or airplane. However, a free-text field may be the only way to allow for all the possible cases, including:
    --Part 61 vs. Part 141
    --CFIs without medicals who can still teach anyone who can legally act as PIC
    --Ground vs. Flight Instructors
    --Third-party payor requirements (i.e., contracted/invoiced) vs. private student paying cash

• Kevin Rame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm guessing she's talking about the schedule view. When you click on an aircraft on the schedule (under Resource) you get a nice profile of the aircraft with V speeds, maintenance reminders, etc. It would be nice to have a similar function for the instructors listed under Resource. Perhaps a photo with a biography, ratings, etc.

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Feedback and Knowledge Base