Pilot Community

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

1. Comprehensive report for students

Allow students to download a report (csv?) containing every completed reservation within a specified time period.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Flight Schedule Pro
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose Default Company to Sign-In to

When going to the FSP website, choose a default company to automatically sign in to, rather than having to select which one sign in to all the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. horizontal view

the multiple day horizontal view should display the days 'stacked', one on the other like the older version, so that multiple days can be viewed on the same page. The current version displays the days in a linear fashion and it is cumbersome trying to compare availability, one day to the next.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include an "Add to Calendar" link in the Reservation Created emails

as a compromise to calendar syncing. The "Add to calendar" link is already a feature in the website when you view a specific reservation. On my Android phone, it is cumbersome to navigate to the website, log-in, and click the reservation and then click the link to add to calendar.

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Print a dispatch sheet with info on time left on 100 hour, ELT test, recurring ADs, etc. Not just a screen alert that time is close.

On dispatch, I would like to provide a mini-airworthiness summary including dates or tach time when Annual, 100 hr, ELT battery, Pitot Static, recurring ADs, etc. were last complied with and are next due. The dispatch sheet could have blanks for the instructor or renter to provide ending Hobbs and Tach times, and comments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bi-Weekly work Schedule

Allow work schedule to alternate on other than weekly patterns, For example, having every other Monday or Friday off.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Print Student Record,

Print Student Records like endorsements, documents, insurance etc. attach PDFs of scanned documents to the student's profile and print them.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow flight details to be exported to an electronic log book

Upon capturing the flight information, allow it to be pushed/shared/uploaded to an electronic logbook, e.g. SafeLog.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Refreshing schedule calendar causes existing filter to be lost

A schedule calendar is displayed. It is refreshed manually to display a new schedule event and the existing filter is lost, reverting to the default filter. The existing filter and time range should be refreshed instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Smaller popup dialogs (schedule, confirm) that are not larger than the calendar they derive from.

Pop-up dialogs have excessive white space that require scrolling the browser window beyond the extent of the underlying calendar in order to click the dialog confirmation buttons.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow instructor confirmation of a booking via app, text, or email response...

To my knowledge, the only present way to handle bookings is either allow anyone to freely book an instructor if their schedule shows open, OR, the student/renter sees the instructor available and has to call a staff member or the instructor to actually book the slot. I'd LOVE to see a feature where a student sees your availability, essentially REQUESTS the booking, and then the instructor either confirm or deny it via a text, app, or email response through FSP. This is a very basic feature inherent in products like Square's online scheduling service that I think would add great…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a way for an instructor to give lesson feedback to a student.

It would be good if after a lesson is complete, an instructor can post feedback/recommendations to the student. A log of each of these post-flight debriefings could be seen by all instructors.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. list sunrise and sunset

I would like to see the sunrise / sunset time listed on the scheduling page. it would be a good heads up when making a reservation whether night flight might be a factor.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Start the week on Monday in stead of Sunday.

In Month View: Please do start the week on Monday in stead of Sunday. So we have a better view over the activities in the week-end. Or is there a way to change it myself?

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow and promote the use of ISO date format

For us in Canada dates are very confusing since 3 different formats are in use: YYYY/MM/DD, DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY

The only one that is unambiguous is YYYY/MM/DD - sorted from largest unit to smallest. This is the International Standards Organization format and follows most closely what we already see on METARs and other aviation related products. There is currently a bill before the Canadian parliament to adopt the ISO format for all legal documents.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a link to Aircraft specs from the N number in the schedule

Similar to the old version, make the N number for each aircraft a link to the aircraft specs page to view weight and balance primarily, and other information on a second page

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email Reminders for Pilot Expiring Items

Allow us to configure automated email drip series as reminders when a pilot's items are expiring: currency items, renter's insurance, medical certificate, TSA training, etc.

This would automate the administration of pilots records.

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please Add 'Week Vertical' view!

When looking at my individual schedule it would be extremely helpful to have a 'Week Vertical' view that is like the "Day Vertical' view showing the hours down the left side and your available/unavailable times.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instructors should be able to block individual students from scheduling a specific instructor

I want to be be able to block a certain student from scheduling me, while allowing that student to be able to schedule other instructors.for example, call blocking certain phone numbers. There are certain students that I do not want to fly with for various reasons, but want to allow others to schedule me without going through me or front desk staff.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 119 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →