Pilot Community

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

1. Add Expiration dates for all Pilot's Licenses for Temporary Certificates

Add expiration dates so that Temporary Certificates can be replaced with the official copies otherwise, it is extremely time-consuming to go through and check which profiles have expired certificates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Flight Schedule Pro
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. automatically switch to the other club when member clicks "My Clubs" with only two clubs listed

When a pilot switches between clubs, you currently require him/her to select another club before you switch to that club. I speculate that the vast majority of your pilots who list more than one club, list two clubs - so for that "vast majority" the selection of "another club" is obvious, unnecessary, and wasteful of both pilot time and your processing cycles.
    if pilot lists only two clubs, please avoid redundant effort/time by pilots (and unnecessary entry-processing by your processor ?) by automatically switching to the other club.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Add to calendar" feature: Show "name" & "tail number" as title for reservation on icalendar or Google calendar.

Currently the "Add to calendar" feature under reservations on web site will add the title of the flight school on the reservation in the icalendar. It would be very helpful to show: 1. Name 2. Tail Number 3. Student name (if applicable) as the title in the icalendar and Google calendar.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A reminder banner on the Squawk writing page to limit one squawk per post.

Put a banner above the squawk entry window to remind people to enter only one item per squawk. Having to clear out multiple unrelated things in one window results in a lot of hassle and makes it difficult to follow resolution of squawks in the system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Notices/Alerts in mobile apps

My flight school posts access codes in the Alerts/Notices section, which is only available in the web version of the app. It'd be great if this was nice and available in the ios app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Treat ungroundable squawks with some sort of notification

I reserved a plane a few weeks in advance. Two days before my flight, a groundable event took place in the airplane, and the person checking it in squawked it and grounded it. I didn't know about this and wasn't notified about it. It was only until I drove out the airport and tried to check out the aircraft did I realize that I wouldn't be able to fly

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set up alarms or notifications for aircraft availability. That way we can jump on last minute availability that pops up.

The airplanes I fly are not as common. Frequently it is booked and occasionally people have last minute cancellations. If I was aware of them, I could grab those spots if I got notifications to my phone or email. Text would be best.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When reactivating a subscription, have the option to begin on a specific date (not just today's date)

For reactivating a subscription for a member, we should have the option to begin billing on a specific date (just like when we add a new subscription).

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Notices" popup at login for all devices

in todays times it would be nice if the administrator was able to post a notice to all users within their domain via login pop up with important updates/notices for users. this could be regularly updated as needed. i.e. "remember to sanitize surfaces" or "remember the hanger closes at 6:00 due to city quarantine regulations" or "get the key from the lockbox as the office is closed"

this may already be something that is available just not being utilized... I just thought it was a good idea

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update software to not track course lesson items that are incomplete as unsat.

An incomplete lesson item is not unsatisfactory. Unsats are a reflection of student performance. Incompletes can happen for all sorts of reasons not related to pilot performance

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Electronic signatures for maintenance and dispatch

Incorporate PKI/digital signature technology to allow for digital signatures at the dispatch and maintenance level. We are trying to get approval to go completely digital in order to meet requirements of AC 120-78A and this would be the starting point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add an secondary or accent color for standby bookings so all may see them. this is valuable for both the standby and primary booking owner

add an secondary or accent color for standby bookings so all may see them. this is valuable for both the standby and primary booking owner, to allow schedule optimization where there may be some flexibility.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On training "Satisfactory Completed" screen add section for lessons not logged.

When graduating a student from training course it would be helpful to see what lessons have been flown but not logged.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cloud Ahoy Integration

Much like linking a Sportys account, it would nice to link Cloud Ahoy account, and possibly be able to view flight data from Ahoy or access it in Ahoy from FSP.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notifications when a plane goes back to Green

When a plane goes down, to a red status, the CFI is not notified that his/her aircraft is unavailable. So, without calling the front desk or using a desktop site I cannot check status.
    More importantly, I have no notification of when that plan returns to service. A "watch" function would be great.

Notifications, push, text, email, etc when a plane goes back to Green.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Report Scheduling

Add ability to schedule reports to automatically be delivered to your email.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improved Lesson Summary

The current lesson summary list is awkward and difficult to use to the point where I am unlikely to continue to use Flight Schedule Pro to log student progress, There is no easy way to review lesson completion status and to identify what needs to be covered to "catch up" on anything missed in prior lessons. To do this, you need to go to the "Lesson Unsats" listing, which shows every lesson which was ever incomplete, regardless of whether or not the items completed were satisfactory or not. Then you must find each instance of that same lesson number in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Maintenance by Aircraft Report

Create a one page report by tail number that shows all required inspections & maintenance completed dates and due dates to have a "quick view" of an aircraft's airworthy status

For example: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/01AIFCVR_46883189C71A9.pdf

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maintenance

It would be nice if a maintenance side was added to FSP.
    Where you can track inventory, POs, logbooks, aircraft times, calendar and time scheduled items as well as create sale PO's.

Basically an AMO based software that talks to FSP.

That way when you schedule an aircraft for maintenance it shows up on both sides. You can report snags. Times will be updated automatically between the 2 systems. Propeller and Engine times can be auto updated as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow endorsements to be created without being limited to the current aircraft inventory.

My complex and high performance endorsements were received in a C206 on floats. This flying club has no such aircraft.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Want help from our support team?

Click Here to Open a Ticket

Pilot Community

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base