Pilot Community

Welcome to our idea forum. What do you think we should build next?

1. Allow booking colours to be seen in the iPhone app

I like the recent adjustments to the iPhone app, it now seems to be a lot more useable and I will have to explore more. However, the visual cues we get from booking type colour assignments are very handy. The all-white theme of the iPhone layout makes it harder to see whats going on.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Flight Schedule Pro
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove name of resource from appointment

In the beta for the new version, I noticed that even though I filtered for a month view of only my instructor's availability (just one resource, no other instructor or plane), his name still is listed on every single appointment, and the one's that are mine, I can barely tell they're mine because the first letter or two of my name is listed after my instructor's name.

If I've already filtered for just one resource, I don't need that resource's name filled in on every single appointment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reminders Sidebar with Alarm Functions

I would like to see a sidebar that you can activate which displays reminders which you can tick off (Much like what outlook does). An alarm for SAR times etc would be great as well

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide status on dispatch, e.g., airplane is dispatched, airplane recovered after dispatch

Provide status on dispatch, e.g., airplane is dispatched, airplane recovered after dispatch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow to automatically setup groundtime between flights

In our case we enforce our students to do a tourough walk arround and to refuel between each flight totalling about 30 minutes on the ground for each flight.

I would like to see the option to restrict booking a flight if another is scheduled to land X minutes before the begining of a new one.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display reservations from multiple organizations on user homepage.

My FSP account is linked to multiple organizations. I would like all my reservations to be visible on my homepage, regardless of the organization that owns the A/C. I realize I may have to switch organizations if I want to edit the reservation, but it shouldn't be too hard to populate the "My Reservations" widget with all reservations I have with FSP organizations. The ones with organizations I am not currently logged into can just be read-only.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not allow a user to make a reservation in the past

i accidentally clicked on the Wednesday of last week rather than this week and made the reservation. This shouldn't be accepted by the system. I tried to delete the erroneous reservation but you can't delete a past reservation, which is appropriate, so long as you can't create one.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As an Instructor, restrict who can make reservations for me

I have a busy schedule. I'm only interested in flying with students that are serious about getting their certifications. I want to restrict reservations to company staff or certain students. Thus, I'd like to be able to restrict my schedule to only those students that I add to a list to be able to do so.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best we have for this right now is an option you can turn on via your work schedule that says something to the affect of “Only allow company staff to reserve me”. We could definitely use some more options for you here though.

9. For Instructors add "by appointment only" availability

As an instructor, how do I show that I'm available "by appointment only"

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification of future Instructor time-off/reservation conflict

When an Instructor blocks him/herself off for a day or recurring set of days via the My Account>Work Schedule tab, if there is a schedule in the future, it would be helpful if a conflict notification would appear, and allow it to be over-ridden, or deleted, etc.
    Example: I scheduled a student very early in December for a flight on a Tuesday in the middle of February. However, starting January 1st, I began taking all Tuesdays off. When I created the "Tuesdays off" schedule under "Work Schedule", I expected that it would have told me of any Tuesday appointments in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove reservation start times from the schedule views

When in Schedule view, I would like to have the option to remove the start time from the reservation box. The time is already shown at the top (or side). This would leave more room for the name in the box, more so for short bookings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

George, can you provide some more information on this? Right now if your reservation is affected by the aircraft being downed for maintenance the staff has the option to send an email to all affected parties. Are you wanting to receive a notification even though you don’t have a reservation scheduled for the aircraft during the affected time?

13. Standby schedule color

Make the standby schedule background a different color (not white) so that it's more obvious that you're not looking at the primary schedule.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create private comments between student and instructor

Allow a private comment field that only allows the student and the instructor to view and edit it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On any view other than Day, the current date (and time if applicable) should be highlighted by thicker border or different background color.

When looking at a view, one has to scan past all past dates which are irrelevant. This could be facilitated by highlighting the current date (and time).

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Additional fields for after the flight

There should be some additional field which can be filled out or checked after the flight. Like landed, current airport, squak, needs maintenance, something not working, approx gal fuel left, hobbs, tach, flown hours, tie down spot number, ...
    So the flight school can see all the airplanes are on the ground, needs to order fuel for the next flight etc.
    Especially usefull if nobody is in the office any more when you come back from a flight.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Possibility to change comments with reduced rights

It should be possible for the flight school to set the rights so comments can be changed any time (and for example not only up to 24h before the flight) for the student. So it's possible to give a feedback after e. g. a solo flight.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)