You can also view the Video Tutorial related to this article
Flight Schedule Pro makes it easy for you to down an aircraft for maintenance and gives you options as to what you do with any reservations that have already been made during that time. A maintenance reservation is a special type of reservation that can be made even if there are existing reservations during the time period you wish to down the aircraft.
You can optionally move the reservations to another aircraft, set the reservations as standby, or delete the reservations altogether. Email notifications can optionally be sent to any affected users, which helps you make sure everyone is on the same page.
Notes: While downing an aircraft for maintenance, it is recommended that you first try to move conflicting reservations to other aircraft or set them as standby before deleting them. This could possibly increase flight time and keep reservation cancellations to a minimum.
Create a Maintenance Reservation:
Notes: You must be allowed to make a maintenance type of reservation to complete this task.
- Go to Maintenance and click Ground Aircraft. If you cannot see the maintenance menu, you may not have the permission required to down an aircraft. Please contact an administrator to see if you have this permission.
- Reservation Type: Make sure you have a maintenance type of reservation selected.
- Start: Select the start date and time for the maintenance reservation.
- End: Select the end date and time for the maintenance reservation.
- Aircraft: Select the aircraft you want to down for maintenance.
- Comments: Enter comments and/or internal comments. Explain All users can view comments while only users with the permission "Can see Admin. Functions on Reservation Page" can see internal comments.
- Click Continue. If there were no conflicting reservations you will see a confirmation message letting you know your maintenance reservation was made successfully.
- If "Conflicts were found", the conflicting reservations will be listed and you must do one of the following to make your maintenance reservation:
Move the reservations to another aircraft:
- Select Move to another aircraft to reassign conflicting reservations to another aircraft.
- Select Aircraft. Select the aircraft you would like to reassign the reservations to.
- Send Email checkbox. If you want to notify any affected users, check the Send Email Notification checkbox and users will be automatically notified via email.
- Click Continue.
- If reservation was made successfully, all conflicting reservations were successfully reassigned to another aircraft.
- If Conflicts were found, you must repeat the process until all conflicts are resolved. To see the action taken for each reservation, refer to the Action column in the list of reservations
- "Unable to Reassign (Reservation Check Exception)." If a reservation check is violated when trying to reassign a reservation to another aircraft, you will not be able to reassign the reservation even if you have permission to "Override Reservation Check Errors". We recommend that you reassign the reservations one-at-a-time.
Set the reservations on standby:
If you think the aircraft will become available again in a short period of time, we recommend that you set conflicting reservations to standby. If set as standby, when the aircraft becomes available, standby reservations will automatically become "active reservations" and affected users will be notified via email.
- Select Standby to set the reservations to standby.
- Send Email checkbox. If you want to notify any affected users, check the Send Email Notification checkbox and users will be notified via email.
- Click Continue.
- If reservation was made successfully, all conflicting reservations were successfully set to standby.
- If Conflicts were found, you must repeat the process until all conflicts are resolved. To see the action taken for each reservation, refer to the Action column in the list of reservations.
Delete the reservations:
Select Delete to delete the conflicting reservations.
Send Email checkbox. If you want to notify any affected users, check the Send Email Notification checkbox and users will be notified via email.
Click Continue and your maintenance reservation will be made.