Allowing scheduling by-type makes it easier for your customers and staff to find an available time-slot and make reservations quickly. It also has the potential to increase the utilization of your aircraft. With by-type scheduling activated, when an aircraft type is chosen, Flight Schedule Pro will search through all aircraft of that type and try to make the requested reservation. Scheduling by-type eliminates the need to view the entire schedule in order to find an available time-slot for a specific type of aircraft. Simply select the time and the type and let the system do the searching for you.
In what order are aircraft searched?
When a reservation is created aircraft are searched in their "schedule order". Aircraft #1 is searched first, aircraft #2 is searched second, and so on. The reservation is made in the first slot that is found available.
To activate reservations by-type:
Reservations by-type are activated on a per-role basis.
To activate by-type scheduling for a role:
(Company > Roles > Edit Icon > Preferences)
Notes: This task requires that you have permission to Edit Roles. If you want to allow users of a certain role to ONLY make reservations by-type, and want to hide their ability to see tail numbers/registrations, then CHECK "Allow users to make reservations by aircraft type" and UNCHECK "Allow users to see aircraft tail numbers on the schedule views."
- Under the Company menu, go to Roles
- Click the Edit icon for the role for which you want to activate by-type scheduling, which will load the Edit Role section
- Click Preferences on the left menu
- Near the top of the page you will see "How do you want aircraft reservations to be made?" To activate by-type scheduling, one of the first two boxes must be checked.
- Click Save once you have made your changes.